Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Judgement is coming to America...Part 2

Jeremiah 1 & 2

And I will utter my judgments against them touching all their wickedness… ~ Jeremiah 1:16


Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying,…
I remember thee, the kindness of thy youth,
the love of thine espousals,
when thou wentest after me in the wilderness,
in a land that was not sown. ~ Jeremiah 2:1-2

Thus saith the Lord,
What iniquity have your fathers found in me,
that they are gone far from me,
and have walked after vanity, and are become vain? ~ Jeremiah 2:5

And I brought you into a plentiful country,
to eat the fruit thereof and the goodness thereof;
but when ye entered, ye defiled my land,
and made mine heritage an abomination
.
The priests did not say, Where is the LORD?
and those that handled the law did not know me;
the pastors also rebelled against me… ~ Jeremiah 2:7-8

Has a nation changed their gods?
Even though they are not gods.
But my people have changed their glory
for that which does not profit. ~ Jeremiah 2:11

For my people have committed two evils;
they have forsaken Me the fountain of living waters,
and hewed them out cisterns,
broken cisterns, that can hold no water. ~ Jeremiah 2:13

Could this not have come upon you peradventure
because thou hast forsaken the LORD thy God,
when he led thee by the way?
And now what hast thou to do in the way of Egypt?
Thine own wickedness shall chastise thee,
and thy backslidings shall reprove thee;
know therefore and see how evil and bitter it is,
that thou hast forsaken the LORD thy God
and that my fear is lacking in thee, saith the Lord GOD of the hosts. ~ Jeremiah 2:17-19

Yet I had planted thee a noble vine, a seed of Truth, all of her; 
how then art thou turned into the degenerate plant of a strange vine unto me?
For though thou wash thee with nitre and take thee much soap,
yet thine iniquity is sealed before me, saith the Lord GOD. ~ Jeremiah 2:21-22

But where are thy gods that thou hast made thee?
Let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble
Why will ye plead with me?
Ye have all rebelled against me, saith the LORD.
I have smitten your children in vain;
they have received no correction;
your own sword has devoured your prophets, like a destroying lion.
O generation, see ye the word of the LORD…
wherefore say my people, We are lords;
we will come no more unto thee?...
yet my people have forgotten me days without number. ~ Jeremiah 2:28-32

Why dost thou talk so much, changing thy ways?
Thou shalt also be ashamed of Egypt…
Thou shalt also go forth from him with thine hands upon thine head;
for the LORD has rejected thy confidences,
and thou shalt not prosper in them. ~ Jeremiah 2:36-37

No comments:

Post a Comment

RULES OF THE ROAD:

1)The Names and Titles of God our Father and Jesus Christ our Savior will be respected at all times.
2) Discussion is encouraged, however, respect for other people and their opinions is the rule---play nice.
3) No profanity, allusions, innuendos or just plain nastiness will be tolerated. Decency WILL prevail.

This is MY house and YOU are a guest here and differences of opinion will be tolerated as long as you conduct yourself accordingly. If "the exercise of civility is beyond your ability" or you were never taught by your parents, feel free to take your toys and go home and vent your pent-up anger elsewhere.

Total Pageviews