Thursday, December 25, 2014

Closing thoughts...

As Christmas Day, and indeed the year itself, is drawing to a close I would like to leave anyone who may be reading these humble posts with some closing thoughts.

We all know all the Christmas Carols and "Christmasy" Bible verses, however, at the close of Jesus' life here on earth, there is a verse that explains Christmas, His coming to earth, far better than the baby-in-a-manager verse, at least to me. It doesn't take away from our traditions, rather it emphasizes them. Here it is, from several translations, all added emphasis is mine:

John 18:37

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I AM a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. KJV

Pilate, therefore, said to him, `Art thou then a king?' Jesus answered, `Thou dost say [it]; because a king I AM, I for this have been born, and for this I have come to the world, that I may testify to the truth; every one who is of the truth, doth hear my voice.' YLT (Young's Literal Translation)

Pilate said to Him, Then You are a King? Jesus answered, You say it! [You speak correctly!] For I AM a King. [Certainly I AM a King!] This is why I was born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the Truth. Everyone who is of the Truth [who is a friend of the Truth, who belongs to the Truth] hears and listens to My voice. AMP (Amplified Bible)

And now, I wish you all a Blessed Christmas and New Year, and my hope for all is that your walk with our Savior becomes stronger each and every day and, most importantly, that the Name of our Lord and God is magnified and glorified through that walk in this dark and weary world, in every way, and may He keep you all in the center of His perfect will, until His soon and coming return. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RULES OF THE ROAD:

1)The Names and Titles of God our Father and Jesus Christ our Savior will be respected at all times.
2) Discussion is encouraged, however, respect for other people and their opinions is the rule---play nice.
3) No profanity, allusions, innuendos or just plain nastiness will be tolerated. Decency WILL prevail.

This is MY house and YOU are a guest here and differences of opinion will be tolerated as long as you conduct yourself accordingly. If "the exercise of civility is beyond your ability" or you were never taught by your parents, feel free to take your toys and go home and vent your pent-up anger elsewhere.

Total Pageviews