Thursday, November 13, 2014

Trillions of reasons to believe in a Creator



There are trillions of reasons to believe in a supernatural, intelligent Creator. From DNA, to the basic atom, to the amazingly designed tiny fleas, to massive elephants, to the sun and its circuit, to the millions of stars and the entire universe, there is incredible complexity and order throughout creation. Let’s say you were walking along a beach and saw a message written in the sand: “Johnny, Make sure you come home at 5:00 p.m. for dinner. See you then. I love you. Mom.” Could you ever believe that the order of the words happened by a random process—by sheer accident? Could you conclude that perhaps the incoming waves left the words written in the sand? I seriously doubt it. Their very order and their constructed logical coherency tell you that the message was written by an intelligent mind. However, atheistic evolution takes an even greater leap away from common sense than just believing that a wave created a logical message. It says that there was absolutely nothing—no sand, no beach, or wave. It maintains that nothing created the sand and the waves. Such thoughts are totally illogical and are a departure from the laws of science. Something cannot come from nothing. If it did, then it wasn’t “nothing.” It was some sort of creative force.



What proof is there that this God exists? Even though through my natural senses I cannot see, hear, touch, taste, or smell Him, there is one other sense that I must not overlook. It is called “common” sense. When I look at a building, how can I know that there was a builder? I cannot see him, hear him, touch, taste, or smell him. Common sense tells me that the building is absolute 100 percent scientific proof that there was a builder. There cannot be a building without a builder. Buildings don’t build themselves. I don’t need faith to believe in a builder; all I need is eyes that can see and a brain that works.

This same concept is true for paintings and painters. When I look at a painting, how can I know there was a painter? Common sense tells me that the painting is absolute 100 percent scientific proof that there was a painter. Paintings don’t happen by themselves. I couldn’t want better proof that there was a painter than to have the painting in front of me. I don’t need faith to believe in a painter; all I need is eyes that can see and a brain that works.

Exactly the same reasoning applies with the existence of God. How can we know God exists? We cannot see Him, hear Him, touch, taste, or smell Him. Common sense tells us that creation is absolute 100 percent scientific proof that there was a Creator. We cannot have a creation without a Creator. We don’t need faith to believe in a Creator. All we need is eyes that can see and a brain that works. This is exactly what the Bible says: “For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse” (Rom. 1:20).

So, just as I don’t need faith to believe in a builder because I have the building in front of me, so I don’t need faith to believe in a Creator, because I have creation in front of me. However, if I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have faith in him. The same is true with God: “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him” (Heb. 11:6).

Albert Einstein may not have trusted in Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, but he believed in the existence of God. He said, “In the view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support of such views.” A little child and the genius of Albert Einstein have one thing in common: common sense.

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse...

No comments:

Post a Comment

RULES OF THE ROAD:

1)The Names and Titles of God our Father and Jesus Christ our Savior will be respected at all times.
2) Discussion is encouraged, however, respect for other people and their opinions is the rule---play nice.
3) No profanity, allusions, innuendos or just plain nastiness will be tolerated. Decency WILL prevail.

This is MY house and YOU are a guest here and differences of opinion will be tolerated as long as you conduct yourself accordingly. If "the exercise of civility is beyond your ability" or you were never taught by your parents, feel free to take your toys and go home and vent your pent-up anger elsewhere.

Total Pageviews