Friday, October 3, 2014

Humbly Grateful, Not Grumbly Hateful

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations.” James 1:2

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Sometimes we have to admit that it’s hard to “count it all joy.” Sometimes we complain and rather than being humbly grateful, we become grumbly hateful.

Oh, how I wish that, beginning today, we would emulate the faith of the saints that have gone before us—saints like Fannie Crosby, the great hymn writer.

For most of her life Fannie Crosby was blind, and yet, at the tender age of eight, Fannie wrote:

“Oh! What a happy soul am I, although I cannot see,
I am resolved that, in this world, contented I will be.
How many blessings I enjoy, that other people don’t.
To weep and sigh because I’m blind, I cannot and I won’t.”

And do you know what? .... She didn’t.

ACTION POINT:
How can you apply this truth to your life today?
How can you share this truth with someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment

RULES OF THE ROAD:

1)The Names and Titles of God our Father and Jesus Christ our Savior will be respected at all times.
2) Discussion is encouraged, however, respect for other people and their opinions is the rule---play nice.
3) No profanity, allusions, innuendos or just plain nastiness will be tolerated. Decency WILL prevail.

This is MY house and YOU are a guest here and differences of opinion will be tolerated as long as you conduct yourself accordingly. If "the exercise of civility is beyond your ability" or you were never taught by your parents, feel free to take your toys and go home and vent your pent-up anger elsewhere.

Total Pageviews